Depending on the severity of the accident, individuals might suffer serious head trauma. Traumatic brain injuries, or TBI, can ultimately force dramatic and long-term changes to how you live your life. Seek the counsel of an experienced lawyer who can assess your situation and answer questions regarding your options for monetary compensation through the legal process.
At Daniella Levi & Associates, P.C., our Queens traumatic brain injury attorneys understand that these serious injuries can lead to devastating repercussions. We will work closely with your chosen medical professional to gain a clear understanding of the injury, prognosis for recovery, and the lifestyle changes that might be necessary. TBI symptoms range from simple headaches to memory loss and personality changes. If you have suffered a head injury, it is crucial that you act quickly to seek medical and legal care.
Bronx TBI Attorneys
Traumatic brain injuries can lead to lasting brain damage, traumatic epilepsy or cerebral hypoxia. The different types of brain injuries can include:
- Focal contusions, which are the sliding impact of the brain on the skull case. This impact can lead to cognitive problems and loss of emotional control.
- Skull fractures, which result from significant impact. This type of injury can ultimately lead to the loss of smell and taste.
- Lacerations, or serious cuts, are injuries caused by the skull fracturing.
- Focal injuries are caused by a lack of oxygen to the brain – also known as hypoxic ischemia or anoxin. These injuries often result from drowning or strokes, but can also result following accidents that lead to the brain swelling.
- Brain bleeding or brain hemorrhages can result when the blood vessels in the brain are injured as a result of trauma. A brain bleed can ultimately lead to seizure activity and traumatically induced epilepsy.
- Diffuse axonal injuries are caused by rapid acceleration, deceleration of the brain, which causes the nerve cells to stretch and compress over and over.
Whether you have suffered a sports concussion or a brain injury due to any type of accident – even a mild TBI – we encourage you to contact any of our New York offices. You are facing a serious, confusing chapter in your life. Let us provide the guidance you need.
If you have questions regarding recovering compensation for personal injury accidents, you can reach Daniella Levi & Associates, P.C., today by calling 718-380-1010 or by completing our online contact form. We offer free consultations and you pay no fee unless we recover compensation. דוברים עברית. Se habla Español. Мы говорим на русском. If you can’t come to us, we will come to you.